2.03.2010

Meatball Sandwich Recipe



I am going to start doing a recipe of the week! I've been learning some fun new HEALTHY recipes and wanted to share them all with you :D Most of these are healthy diet recipes but every once in a while I'll sneak in a fatty one ;) Enjoy ♥

Recipe of the week: Meatball sandwich! I found a variation of this recipe in The Abs Diet*and loved it so much that I wanted to share it!



 Ingredients:
1 pound extra-lean ground beef
1/2 cup crushed saltine crackers
1 large onion, diced
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
1 jar (16 oz) tomato sauce
4 whole-wheat hoagie rolls (Sandwich rolls)
1/2 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded





1. Take the raw beef, saltine crackers, onion, and flaxseed and mix into desired size of meatballs. Using your hand works best to mix them ;)
2. In a nonstick skillet cook the meatballs over medium heat. Cook until brown all the way around.
3. When done, drain any excess fat and add the tomato sauce, keep over medium heat.
4. At this point I usually add some extra spices such as garlic powder and sometimes chili powder...my husband is a sucker for spices! When the meatballs and sauce are warmed to your liking, spoon the 1/4 of the mixture into each hoagie roll or sandwich roll.
5. Top the sandwich with mozzarella and your ready to eat :D And I sometimes add a liiiiitttttle more mozzarella to my sandwich ;)

Makes 4 servings

I'm not much of a meatball person butt I Love love love this recipe! It tastes sooo good you would never guess it's a diet recipe! My husband and I both really enjoy this for dinner.







*This meal was Adapted from The Abs Diet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! If this is your first time here then let me know! I love comments and I always love hearing from my readers. If you would like to contact me via email my email is jamibalmet(at)hotmail(.)com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails