Thankful Thursday! Soo in case you weren't aware, today is Monday. I am a litttle behind on my blogging this week. It was finals week last week and with Christmas coming up, and we had THE busiest weekend...anyway I'm going to get back on top of blogging! :D
So in light of the end of the semester I am going to say the things I am thankful for this past semester.
1) I am so thankful for my Hebrew professor. I was soo nervous about taking Hebrew. I mean, it's a crazzzy looking language. So completely different than English. However I had the most amazing professor! He lived in Jerusalem for 20 years, he really knows his stuff! Hebrew quickly became my favorite class this semester and I am so thankful for amazing professors!
2)I am thankful for my Ancient Near Eastern History professor. okay well actually my Hebrew prof and history prof are actually one in the same. But I had to mention him twice because he is one of my favorite prof's I've ever had. This class was particularly important to me because I am looking at getting my Master's in Ancient Near Eastern History. This was a tough class but totally worth it! I loved every minute of it!
3) I am thankful for how much my Hubby did this semester! In case you haven't heard, he worked full time and had a full load of units (17 units to be exact!!). I am sooo proud of him! He is providing for us and also working his butt off to finish his degree!!! All the while he is maintaining an excellent GPA...he is graduating in May with honors!! (In fact he is in the top 10% of his class!!! :D So proud of him). And next semester he is taking on even more, 19 units on top of full time work. He will be tired, but I am soooo very proud of him. And the end is NEAR!!! :D
4) I am thankful for my Old Testament Theology & Life and Teachings of Jesus Professor. He is a fantastic professor and while the classes were hard I felt like I really learned a lot! I especially LOVED Old Testament Theology. I feel like a much better writer from taking his courses. Thank You :D
5) And lastly I am thankful for what is up ahead. I LOVE history but I also love Biblical studies. When I began my degree I thought I only had time to major in one of those. so I picked Biblical studies. Well I found out this semester that on top of graduating a year ahead of schedule I also have time to add a history double major!! I am SOO excited. I have no clue how I got everything done to early but I'm very excited. I start my history major in the Spring and I'm soo stoked!!! Thank you Lord for making this happen!
What are you thankful about this semester? Have any particularly good classes or professors?
While finals just finished this week, during the semester Friday night is the night we don't do ANY homework. Every other night we are, but Friday is our night to just relax and bond.
And that's tonight!!
It has been a brutal finals week...now time to relax!!!
Anyone else obsessed with it to?
So new changes happening soon now that school's done!
*sigh* Maybe for Christmas...next year!
Any fun Friday night dates?
It's gonna be a GREAT night!!
I started making one for myself and decided to make one for the In-Laws..I gave theirs to them over Thanksgiving and never ended up making my own..haha woops!
Stephani helped me finish it! She loves crafts like I do! We had fun!!
The ornaments..they took FOREVER to make...haha
As always if you want to participate you can head over here and follow the directions!
FOR TODAY December 15th...
Outside my window...The sun is shining!
I am thinking...how wonderful these cinnomon candies are!
I am thankful for...Teh Hubyy's physic class working out. We almost hit a snag with him graduating...he would have had to postpone it by a YEAR! ouch! Praise the Lord :D
From the learning rooms...Lots and lots of Hebrew. Final tomorrow!
From the kitchen...I have been a horrible wife the past couple weeks when it comes to cooking. Soo busy! Although I did make a yummy stir fry the other night. Yuumm!
I am wearing...My super cute black boots that I want to wear every single day ;), black pants, pink shirt and black jacket.
I am creating...Not much at the time..it's finals week! lol
I am going...To a Relient K/Toby Mac concert on Saturday for the Hubby's Bday!!
I am reading...The First Hebrew Primer..hehe
I am hoping...to get the rest of our Christmas cards out tomorrow...we'll see!
I am hearing...Someone in the house playing Christmas music... :D
Around the house...Is clean!!! I cleaned a LOT yesterday..now it's all pretty and ready for Christmas!
One of my favorite things...Working in a Christian Enviornment. We had a Christmas party this morning and we actually read scripture and focused on the actual meaning of Christmas!
A few plans for the rest of the week: The rest of finals!!! Then a concernt on Satruday, then dinner at the boss's house Sunday and then finally relaxation time!
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
We went up to Apple Hill with the Hubby's family to have some fun getting apples and to drink yummy apple cider. We decided while we were up there to swing by the High Sierra Iris and Wedding Gardens to take some Christmas card pictures. This is where we got married and it was so fun to go up there again! The gardens were beautiful in the fall and our pictures turned out great!! Enjoy :D
By the way I said in the previous blog that I am so thankful that my Hubby is patient with me when taking pictures...here is a GREAT example of that...lol.
Our Bridal Party pictures were taken in front of this pond. I Love this picture!
If you want to join in, click on the picture above and it will go to the Thankful Thursday home page.
So Today is my wonderful Hubby's Birthday! I am so excited to celebrate with him but unfortunately we will not be celebrating very much tonight. I have a 30 page research paper due at midnight and he has piles of math homework to sort through then we have Bible Study at 7:30..lol so we will be celebrating tomorrow!
1) I am so thankful that God brought my Hubby into my life when he did. We were young (and still are) but God knew what we both needed and when we needed it. God has been amazing. People always seem amazed that we are married so young, but for us it was God's timing. I could not image not being married to my Man right now. God's is Good :D
*At our Rehearsal, he looks so Handsome :)*
2) I am thankful for my hubby who is always willing to take pictures! As you can probably tell we take a LOT of pictures! I absolutely love pictures!!! I do all kinds of things with them and have to take a picture everywhere we go. I am so lucky that I have a man who doesn't mind it! In fact most of the time he loves the pictures to...just not when we spend a long time taking them hehe ;)
*One of our Engagement Pictures*
3)I am so thankful for my husband that he always wants to spend time with me. He is so amazing at making time to spend with me. We both have a crazy busy schedule right now (especially him working FULL time and taking a FULL unit load at school) but he ALWAYS has the time to sit on the couch with me and just touch. He is verrry good at giving me his time and attention. Thank you :D
*Jason with his brother Jean-Marc (Best Man) and best friend Jeremy*
5) And finally and most importantly I am thankful for Jason's heart. He is truly a man of God and does an amazing job at being the spiritual leader in our relationship. He is trying to follow after God with all his heart and encourages me to do the same. God has given us both the strength to follow after him and I thank God for this perseverance!
1) I am thankful for being able to go to college. I had to recently write a paper on academic progress and why it is important. It got me to thinking that I take advantage of the position I am in. So often I just think about that fact that when my hubby and I graduate we are going to have a LOT of student loans to pay off. Yet we are in such an amazing position. As Americans living in the present age we have more access to education than any other people in history! And yet so many people become apathetic about their education. College is seen as a time to party now and to just have fun. Yet they are missing the real point. I am so thankful that God has given me the skills he had to be successful in College.
2)I am thankful for my Hubby. I am a dreamer and I am a planner. About this time next year I will be applying to Grad schools so of course being the person I am, I have been adamantly searching for a school for the past 6 or 7 months. hehe. He is so supportive of me when I'm day dreaming about where I want to go. My most current dream is to attend NYU. They have an AMAZING ancient history program that would be perfect for me and for some reason for the past year or so I have really really wanted to live in New York City. I will most likely not end up there but the Hubby is so supportive of me dreaming and talking about it...a lot!
3) I am thankful for Christmas decorating! The Hubby and had a ton of fun last night putting up our decorations. Our apartment is all ready for Christmas and we are in the Christmas mood :D.
4)I am thankful for our home group at Foothill Church. We have had one thing after another come up the past 2 or 3 weeks and haven't been able to go to bible study. But we are getting back into the swing of things tonight and are excited to see everyone! *Happy Birthday Stevie*.
5) I am thankful for the little moments. I am pretty busy throughout the week. I am taking 17 units and I work 30 hours a week not to mention taking care of the Hubby, cleaning, and homework. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE what I do. I LOVE where I work and most of all I LOVE my classes. I LOVE being a biblical studies and history double major! But sometimes it gets busy and it's those little moments in the day that get me through. Such as being able to take a few minutes and post a blog :). Or waste some time on facebook or sit down and just talk with the Hubby. If only for a few minutes. Thank you God for those little moments.
Outside my window...I am deep in the library right now (Taking a break from studying) so there are no windows near me. I suppose if there were a window you would see many students studying.
I am thinking...of all the information I must know for my Old Testament Theology quiz in 30 minutes...
I am thankful for...my wonderful family that I just got to spend a terrific weekend with!
From the kitchen...Mmmm Hot Artichoke and Spinach dip and pizza bites. I just got an appetizer cookbook and have been on a kick...haha
I am wearing...my super warm pink ugg boots, black shirt with jeans and a light green jacket with a black coat over..I get cold easy..haha
I am creating...well starting to think about creating our Christmas card for this year. I think I'm gonna play around on photoshop and try to create our own...we'll see how it goes!
I am going...to Old Testament Theology class in about half an hour. I LOVE the class, but hate the time it's at. 7:30-10:30p.m. ick!
I am reading..."Theology of the Old Testament" by Walter Eichrodt
I am hoping...to decorate our apartment for Christmas on Wednesday!! Should be fun!!
I am hearing...The sound of typing and of computers whirring...not much else..I'm in the library.
Around the house...there are boxes of Christmas decorations. I had the hubby bring them up from the garage and just waiting to put them up! the house looks messy in the meantime.
One of my favorite things...is messing around with photoshop! :D
A few plans for the rest of the week:like i said, we will hopefully be decorating our apartment for Christmas and other than that I have a HUGE term paper due so lots of research and then finals in two weeks..fun! haha
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
If you would like to participate head over to Truth 4 the Journey and learn how to connect and share your thankfulness!
So this week I am so thankful for so many things! I will have to narrow it down:
1) I am thankful for chapel at my school. Yes, I said it. If you have talked to me for 2 minutes before about APU you will quickly learn that I am not fond of our chapel. I feel that they never really talk about anything in Chapel. It's all fluff and doesn't encourage anyone to grow. But I am so thankful for the opportunity to slow down and praise God for an hour every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings. It's sandwiched in between my classes and it is a fantastic time to slow down and get your priorities straight for the coming day and week. We have great worship leaders and I am so thankful for the built in time to praise our Lord.
2)I am thankful for my family! This is usually on my list, but I can never say it enough. The Hubby and I were able to go home for thanksgiving and it was a fantastic trip! We got a ton of time to bond with our family, but it made us want to move back up to Sacramento even more!
3)I am thankful for Black Friday!!! I have never gone shopping on black Friday before and neither had my Mom. So we decided to brave the crowds and we are soo glad that we did! It ended up being a fantastic day!! It was so much fun (I'm definitely doing it again next year!) and we got some GREAT deals, A TV (woohoo!!), boots, a super cute jacket and other things.
4)I am thankful for this time of year. Not only is Christmas an amazing day to celebrate our Lord and Savior, it is just a cheerful time! Our finals are in two weeks and stress levels are running high! But because of the time of year it doesn't seem so bad. I LOVE this time of year!!!!
5)I am so thankful for our apartment. I am so excited to decorate this year!!! I absolutely love decorating and this will be our first Christmas married! We are both really excited to get our apartment in the Christmas mood! We are excited to get in the Christmas mood and to start some awesome traditions of our own.
What are you thankful for?
Outside my window...Darkness and my balcony.
I am thinking...how dead my brain is after a full weekend and know full afternoon of writing papers..a brief rest then off to class from 7:30 until 10:30 :( ick
I am thankful for...my Wonderful family!! I am so excited to see all our family again! It's been too long. Our first Thanksgiving married :D
From the kitchen...Eh. Not too much. Jason actually made lunch and dinner today :( I've been a busy wife today!
I am wearing...Jeans, CBU tshirt, and pink sweatshirt with my comfy slippers...im so comfy!
I am creating...homemade advent calendar still...it's a much larger project that I first realized. Hopefully finishing it tomorrow.
I am going...to class in an hour. Love the class, hate the time it's at.
I am reading...a TON of books on Ancient Near Eastern myths concerning the Great Flood...I LOVE this subject! (It's for a paper by the way..but I do Love it)
I am hoping...To get some good sleep tonight.
I am hearing...Friends (the show) in the background
Around the house...things are clean! We went on a cleaning spree this weekend! Our apartment is beauitful! haha
One of my favorite things...Hot Tea on cold nights
A few plans for the rest of the week: Thanksgiving!!! We are leaving Wednsday evening. Unfortuniyl we cannot leave until after my Hebrew Lab at 5:20. Ick then an 8 hour drive!
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...(add your picture here)
It's that time of week again! Thankful Thursday! This is only my second thankful Thursday but I have already noticed how beneficial it is for me. I started thinking about on Monday what i was thankful for so I could post my new blog on Thursday (haha I know, not the best motive). But it got me into a mood of being thankful. My mind started automatically praising God for the things going on. I know, I know, I should be doing this automatically anyway! But my days are so darn busy and I'm always running around that I tend to forget to just stop and praise our God for how great he is. Now this is NOT an excuse! I'm just glad I found this meme and have been getting my thoughts in the right place. So here goes:
1. I am thankful for Truth 4 the Journey for starting Thankful Thursday! It is such a wonderful way to share with everyone what God is doing in your life.
2. I am thankful for my photoshop elements. I had a scrapbooking program that I used to love but have recently migrated to the wonderful world of photoshop! And know I am in love...however having elements just makes me realllllllly want to get Photoshop Cs3 (well i really want CS4 but it was just released and is like $600...haha)
3. I am thankful for my wonderful Hubby who is so supportive of my crafting needs. I am always working on something new and he is always so supportive of me. Whether it's the time it takes to take a hour long (or more ;) ) trip to Michael's, not minding when I spend hours (and money) on Etsy and being supportive of the time I take to work on projects. Currently I am in the middle of 3 projects: A crocheting project, making a advent calendar, and working on blog designs (Soo much fun)! He is always so excited (or pretends to be) when I show him a new project I just finished! He is so cute and tells our family and friends the latest things I made! Thanks Hubby!!!
4. I am thankful that we get to go home next weekend to see our family. We originally didn't know if the Hubby would have the day after thanksgiving off, but he does :) Praise the Lord!
5. I am thankful for my cell phone. Yes, I said it!! I know all the arguments that cell phones make people less social because you ignore people and text blah blah blah. haha but for me it makes me more social. I am not a phone talker. I will talk to you face to face, but the phone? Forget it!! But with my phone I'm able to text and stay in touch with my friends and family when I wouldn't normally be able to. I'm able to catch up with the Hubby during the day and see how he's doing without having to be on the phone all day. My mom is able to send me pictures of the new house she's working on and tell me how's shes doing while I'm at work and she's fixing up the house.
Sorry this was a long one this week! I tend to explain too much when a sentence would have sufficed..sorry!
FOR TODAY..From Jami's Daybook
Outside my window...Warm sunny November day in Southern California
I am thinking...how much I am enjoying this coffee I'm sipping!
I am thankful for...My Wonderfuly Husband
From the kitchen...Chicken Stirfry
I am wearing...A new black dress with red shoes and a red headband
I am creating...An advent calendar and working on my own blog designs. This blue design was made by me :) Not the header though
I am going...Home to Placerville next weekend!
I am reading...Deuterenomy 5
I am hoping...For some cool weather soon
I am hearing...Typing
Around the house...Christmas decorations are screaming to be put up!!
One of my favorite things...Reading a great book with a hot cup of tea in front of the fire
A few plans for the rest of the week: 2 massive papers due next week for the same teacher (2 different classes). Then packing to go home for thanksgiving!! Oh and buying me an alarm clock..I keep sleeping through my phone alarm :(
Hereis my picture of the day: My New Headband :) I love it! I just got my bangs cut last week and ever since I've been in LOVE with headhands!
If you want to join in go to this link: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
my Husband and I love to watch tv. I love movies but there is something about Tv shows that I really love. Maybe it's the excitement of getting to see a new episode each week. Maybe it's the fact that sooo much more character development happens than with movies. I don't know, but I'm addicted.
Anyway I decided to start a meme discussing the past week's tv shows, new shows starting soon, and past shows.
I will start by saying CANCELLED!!!! My least favorite word when it comes to Tv shows. Many of my favorite shows have been cancelled way too early. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Tru Calling, My Name is Earl just to name a few. and I just found out that a show I absolutely love is being cancelled in it's 2nd season: Dollhouse!
This show is truly unique and soo intriging! The show has been on a 4 week hiatus and just found out that Fox finally cancelled in. The rest of the season will air but I am crushed. I almost don't want to start watching a new show until it's in it's third season and immensly popular for fear they will tear my heart out and cancel it!! ;)
But good news is we have three great new shows this season that have been getting amazing reviews!
1. Modern Family: It's a 30 minute sitcom and it's sooo funny!!! Every week seems to be getting better than the last!
2. Glee: I heard bad reviews of this show when episode 2 aired so we didn't start watching it until last week when someone told me it's gotten better. And let me tell you, I'm glad we started watching it. Just skip episode # 2..it's extremely sexual! But the show gets better after that.
3. Flashforward: People are calling this show the next Lost. It's an hour long drama and it's fantastic!! The world all blacked out at the extact time for 2 minutes and all have visions of the world 6 months from now. It is soo interesting and unique.
So stayed tuned for next weeks reviews and new shows. Any suggestions of new shows would be fantastic!
Are there any shows you love?
And a button for this meme will be coming soon..just gotta find the time!
*Sienna's New Home!!*
This is where Sienna is going to live! hehe. These are called
the Cottages! They were so cute! This is where we spent the night, waaay better than the
Thanks for visiting us girls!! and I can't wait until you move down here Sienna!!! :D