1.07.2011

Getting Focused for this Year's Focus

In June 2010 Hubby and I and his family went to a conference in Palm Springs called the Resolved Conference.

It is spear headed by John MacArthur, Rick Holland, Steve Lawson, Al Mohler, and C.J. Mahaney. We had such a wonderful time last year and the conference really impacted my outlook for this year.


One major impact of the conference was that my Hubby and I both felt really convicted to switch Church's and the week after the conference we made the painful switch. We have now been attending our new church for since June and are loving it and committed to serving God and forming biblical and deep relationships this new year.

Another thing that I was really impacted by was a message by Rick Holland. Rick Holland is the college pastor at Grace Community Church {The church we now attend} with John MacArthur as the lead pastor. Rick Holland talked about how he and his wife had arrived at the conclusion that their days are numbered and they can only read so many more books in their lifetime.

This really struck home with me! I am a reader! I love reading all kinds of books and get so sucked in. I have a million great books just waiting on my bookshelf and yet every time I go to pick up a new book my hand goes to the fiction.

This got me convicted that I need to be more intentional about what books I read and that I need to write more. Anyway more of that later.

For know it is plain that the Resolved conference really impacted my year and I am so excited to go again this June.

And this is all related to my new focus and word of the year for 2011. More will come tomorrow explaining a little bit about the Resolved Conference and where it's name came from. Here's a hint, a personal hero of our faith: Jonathan Edwards.

Read more about our time at the conference
HERE and HERE

More to come...

2 comments:

  1. That all sounds so exciting! And wow...what an amazing line up of speakers! Glad that you are enjoying your new church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. James!
    Sounds like the Lord is doing a very big work in your hearts. Praise the Lord! Changing churches can be the prompting of major growth spiritually, if it is led of the Lord, and coupled with deeper reflection and study of God's Word. It is exciting to hear of what God is doing in your life, and I look forward to hearing more. (I have been wondering what your 2011 word would be!)
    I am so grateful to the Lord for introducing me to you this past year or so.
    With much Love and prayers for you both,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! If this is your first time here then let me know! I love comments and I always love hearing from my readers. If you would like to contact me via email my email is jamibalmet(at)hotmail(.)com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails