4.22.2011

Up From the Grave He Arose

In talking about Easter the past few days I found this wonderful Hymn that I do not remember coming across before.

It was written by Robert Lowry in 1874 and so perfectly expresses the real meaning of Easter. It reminds us that Christ went to death for us and then he rose again!

Up From the Grave He Arose (Low in the Grave he Lay)

Low in the grave He lay,
Jesus my Savior,
Waiting the coming day,
Jesus my Lord!

Refrain:
Up from the grave He arose,
With a mighty triumph o’er His foes,
He arose a Victor from the dark domain,
And He lives forever, with His saints to reign.
He arose! He arose!
Hallelujah! Christ arose!

Vainly they watch His bed,
Jesus my Savior;
Vainly they seal the dead,
Jesus my Lord!

Death cannot keep it's Prey,
Jesus my Savior;
He tore the bars away,
Jesus my Lord!

He is our hope and our salvation. Praying that you seek the real meaning of Easter this year and that your heart is filled with hope and joy at the saving work He did upon the cross. Enjoy time with your Family this weekend and focus on the Lord!

Happy Ressurection Day!

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite Easter hymns. We sing it in our church every year, but I can't remember if I knew it before coming here. I loved your posts about the Old Testament and prophecy, and celebrating the "real meaning of Easter--the Resurrection of our Lord"!

    I wanted to let you know about a new link-up that I started today that will be going every Monday. "Mondays Are G.R.E.A.T.!" The acronym GREAT stands for Glad, Rejoicing Encouraged And Thankful. Its goal is encouragement as we recognize the many little ways God helps us, strengthens us, lifts us and encourages us through the week, and then post about one or more, and link up, or comment, with a link back (thanks) to my blog.

    I know you're super busy right now, but if and when you get the chance I hope you'll come over and link up! And be encouraged by reading everyone's posts.
    Blessings and I'm praying for a great graduation,
    Wendy
    www.wendygunn.net

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! If this is your first time here then let me know! I love comments and I always love hearing from my readers. If you would like to contact me via email my email is jamibalmet(at)hotmail(.)com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails