4.28.2011

Flower Cake

So I finally made my second cake. This was for my cake decorating class and we just had our final class last night. 

If I had more time to work on it then I would have done some things different but we didn't have long to work on it last night. But I am SO happy with how it turned out. I officially know how to make icing flowers now :D


I even attempted my own filing and it turned out great! I made one tall cake then cut it in half and added a jelly filling with butter cream around the edge for a dam.


LOVE these flowers! They are so easy to make!!!

I can't wait to experiment with all the new things I have learned from this class.

 I officially love cake decorating!

3 comments:

  1. beautiful job on your roses I tip I always give my students is if you're having trouble with the centers of your roses use hershey's kisses in their place. They are the correct dimensions and make for a tasty chocolate treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When is Graduation Day? You must be getting very excited! Are you having a party? (And baking a cake?!) Are your relatives coming?

    I can just see you making all those children you're going to have birthday cakes to dream about! You did a beautiful job on these flowers, James! I can see you're hooked:)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have mentioned in this comment that I hope you'll come over and join the new linkup started today, called "Mondays Are G.R.E.A.T.!" Post on how God, in small ways or big, has helped, strengthened or encouraged you, and then link up and include a link back to my blog within the post. GREAT stands for Glad Rejoicing Encouraged And Thankful and reading how the Lord is working in others' lives and helping us all will certainly make us that.
    Blessings,
    Wendy
    www.wendygunn.net

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! If this is your first time here then let me know! I love comments and I always love hearing from my readers. If you would like to contact me via email my email is jamibalmet(at)hotmail(.)com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails