4.13.2011

Baking Fail

I posted a few days ago about some fun Easter crafts and recipes and I have had an idea brewing around my head  for a while now of a fun dessert to bring into my office.

So last night I decided to fnially try it out and hopefully post a fun tutorial for it before Easter.

But last night was just not one of my nights.

First of all I had to bake a cake and two batches of frosting for my 2nd cake decorating class tonight. My cake needs to be flat and smooth. So I make my cake following all the directions so as to make it smooth and flat...and it comes out with like a 2 inch dome on top!!! FAIL

Then I make the frosting which I think I followed all recipe right but it just taste's like eating straight crisco. FAIL

Then I decide to start on my Easter candy idea. 

I am trying to make these cute little easter baskets made out of chocolate. It looks great in my head!

So I use my candy molds to make the chocolate basket bottom {Which I have used this same mold countless times before} and the baskets all turn out ridiculous looking. FAIL

Then I try and make the basket handles. I get my wax paper out and fill my chocolate bottle and being doodinling away. As I finish up I accidently move one of the weights I had keeping the side down {My paper had been rolled up so it didn't want to lie flat} and the paper rolls up destroying all the wet chocolate basket handles! FAIL!!!

THEN I get a fresh piece of paper out, make sure that the weights are in the right place and as I am just finishnig up a good second batch...my chocolate bottle exploded and chocolate went flying all over the wax paper. FAIL!!!!!


So I threw all the chocolate in the sink, left my kitchen a mess and went to bed! Haha. Last night was not my nights. Hopefully my cake class goes better tonight...if I can get a proper cake baked before then that is.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, no!

    I feel your pain about flat cake tops. My best friend is my cake leveler (I got it at Wal-Mart for around $4). Plus, when I'm making 2-layer cakes, I'll flip the top layer over (after I took off the dome) so that the "crumb" layer of frosting will not have too many crumbs.

    Are you taking a Wilson decorating class? I took that class and LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the mess ups. Happens to me all the time, haha. Oh well, it happens right? Hope the class goes better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! If this is your first time here then let me know! I love comments and I always love hearing from my readers. If you would like to contact me via email my email is jamibalmet(at)hotmail(.)com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails