Here's my Experiment:
We recently got a bread maker and decided it would be fun to make homemade dough and so this led me to pizza! The dough made all the difference. I have had homemade pizza before with store baught dough and it doesn't even compare!!
- Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes to make the dough
- Make Time: 20 minutes after dough is made
- Verdict: One of our Favorite new recipes!
What's great about this recipe is you throw all the ingredients in the breadmake and can freeze the dough when it's done. Then when you get the craving you can just take the dough out and thrwo on the ingredients and your done and eating within 20 minutes!
Here's the great recipe I used:
- 3 1/2 cups of bread flower
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tsp. yeast
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- (I also added some parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes t the dough mix)
- Measure all the ingredients into your bread machine pan
- Set the bread maker to the dough cycle and turn on
- When done, roll out the dough to make a pizza
- 7 sticks of string cheese (per 10" pizza)
- 1/2 pizza sauce (Ragu homeade style pizza sauce is our personal favorite)
- A TON of cheese
- and any other ingredients that you like i.e. olives, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, or pepperoni
- Roll the dough out on your pan and stretch it out over the edges to allow room for the stuffed crust!
- Then place the string cheese all along the edges and fold the dough back over the cheese and press firmly back into the dough.
- Spread the pizza sauce on the dough and then add the ingredients however you like!
- Bake for 12 to 16 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown and cheese in center is melted
Recipe curtesy of nest.com.
I'm still trying to decide what my new recipe will be fore this week. Maybe something with beef? Any ideas?
Check back next week for my nexct recipe!