9.23.2011

10 Day You Challenge: 9 Loves

Today is day 9 of the 10 day You Challenge

9 Loves


I will just start off by saying that I will be leaving The Lord off of this list.

What?

I am leaving Him off of this list because He is so much bigger and more glorious than this insignificant list can capture. This is a fun list to post about and let you all get to know me a little bit more. So just know,

"God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him." 1 John 4:16

"In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us." 1 John 4:10-12

And most importantly for this discussion, we are commanded by Christ to love the Lord,
"And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." Mark 12:30

Now on to my list:

1) My Husband
After the Lord, my husband is my biggest love, my greatest source of joy, my comfort, my protection and my supporter. Love him with my whole heart!


2) My Family
This is like "Duh! A no brainer!" But some people really aren't close to their family. We are and it breaks me heart that we like about 8 hours away from them all! One day, Lord willing, we will live close again! :)

3) History
I really love history. I majored in Biblical studies and History in college and one of my biggest passions lies in study Biblical history and the church throughout of centuries. Understanding the historical Israel and their surrounding neighbors makes the Old Testament and the New come alive in a way that is not possible without that understanding.

4) Hebrew {And one day Greek}
I studied in Hebrew in college and I absolutely love it. It is a beautiful language and to read the Psalms and Proverbs the way they were meant to be read is a wonderful thing. Knowing how the original languages work again makes scripture come alive in a whole new way. I dream of one day learning Greek as well, and while I'm at it I need to brush up on my Hebrew!

5) Crafting
If you have hung around my blog the past couple of years you know that I love to craft!! I haven't done as many projects on here lately as I would have liked but I have been very busy. I love to Scrapbook, sew {I'm still learning}, and make all kinds of fun home decor things. I am a DIY kind of girl and I love it!!

6) Cooking
I sincerely love to cook! Sometimes it feels like a chore but usually I am very happy and content in the kitchen. Cooking soothes me and I really enjoy using my creativity so that my husband and family can enjoy it.

7) Baking
This is a more recent love of mine. I have always loved to bake but I recently started making cakes and I can't stop! I love it! I need creative outlets or I get bored and making fun cakes is the perfect way to let that out!

8) Entrepreneurship
It is no secret that we plan on having me stay home when we have our first child. So I am always on the look out for skills I can acquire and things I can do now so when/if that time comes (Lord willing), I can still help out and contribute to my family as the Proverbs 31 wife does. "She considers a field and buys it; 
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard" Proverbs 31:16. I really have a passion for starting up something (maybe making cakes on the side:) )
 

9) Homemaking
Homemaking is a fierce passion of mine that really combines all of my loves. It benefits and shows love to my husband and future family. I plan on homeschooling our children and we are commanded to, "Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it" Proverbs 22:6. Giving my children a firm Biblical grasp of this world is very important to me. And Crafting, baking, and cooking all benefit my household and I will prayfully depart these skills to my children. And of course finding ways to be good stewards and help support our family is always on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! If this is your first time here then let me know! I love comments and I always love hearing from my readers. If you would like to contact me via email my email is jamibalmet(at)hotmail(.)com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails