8.10.2011

County Fair Cake Competition (Yikes!!)

Okay so last week I sent in my entry form to the L.A. County Fair Cake Decorating contest and competitions!! I am SO excited for this. My first competitions are on August 30th and the contest is on September 24th.

I am so nervous about this but I know that no matter if I place or not I am going to learn a lot and have fun! I couldn't decide which categories to do for the competition so I put down four: Shower, Holiday, Novelty and Special Occasion. All four of these categories are due the same night (yikes!!) so I need to narrow it down to 2 or 3. I will definitely do novelty and special occasion and possibly holiday as well. I'm not sure.

For the novelty cake I am going to do a kitchen theme...you'll see...I'm the most excited about this one!!

For the special occasion cake I am going to do an engagement ring box cake. It's gonna be awesome...if I can make it! :)

I am so excited for this and will be posting pictures as I start this process. We are going to have family at our house for the next 2 weeks and leading up until 2 days before the competition. I have to get to work!!

On September 24th is the "Perfect Reception Cake Contest". Still not sure what I am going to do with that one but I have lots of time.

Have any of you competed in Cake contests or competitions before? Anything I should know ahead of time!!

1 comment:

  1. how fun! Good luck and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! If this is your first time here then let me know! I love comments and I always love hearing from my readers. If you would like to contact me via email my email is jamibalmet(at)hotmail(.)com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails